Thursday, October 6, 2011

Just keep running, running, running

It amazes me that fall has arrived in FL. I know, it happens every year, it just seems like the weather is responding earlier than normal.

The cooler weather during earlier runs has posed some new challenges in the running attire arena. As a new runner, the attire at this point has been solely focused on warm weather. Layering will go into effect, just trying to decide how much, what temperature, what layers? I'll get it figured out, but it may be interesting. My poor neighbors might laugh at me as I'm running and removing layers, I'm kinda klutzy.

The one change I didn't think about was the transition to intervals on long runs impacting my weekly 30 minute runs. I'm not the only one either. I really have to figure out the proper balance. Part of me thinks, hmmmm can I run for the first 30 minutes then do intervals after that. Too complicated at that point.

Not sure if I'm running, cross training or walking in the morning. We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment