Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First run with band aids

First of all, I am so thankful we run at the wee wee hours of the morning. We have had so much rain the past few days there is no way I would be getting any outdoor exercise in that didn't involve rain, thunder and lightning.

Saturday mornings run was met with a torrential down pour, I'm told (as I was sleeping in). Last night it showed no signs of stopping, so I was elated that we were able to run this morning.

I wasn't sure how it would go, but after two and a half hours on my feet during a training yesterday, I figured my legs could handle it. It wasn't fast, it involved walking, but I got my four miles in. Lots of hills greeted our runners this morning on our route, I know they are good for me, but that doesn't mean I have to like them!

I've got four miles scheduled for the next two days, including some speed work Thursday. Saturday involves 14 miles. This is a new distance for me. I'm a little anxious, but my goal is to finish it injury free. Then we will conquer next week!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work! I don't mind running in rain, but a torrential downpour? Um. No thanks!

    ReplyDelete