Sunday, March 25, 2012

So....how's your training plan?

Great question! After finishing my two half marathons and running a not so great paced 5k, I'm looking at beginning to train for my first full marathon.

I've been running with a group twice a week, very early in the morning, but I'll be thankful for that once temperatures continue to rise. Saturday runs have started following my friends training schedule for her half. It's easier to share long run strategies with someone and much more fun.

Oh, new realization. I can run without music! I truly didn't think I would be ok with that. I knew I could do it, I was just certain I would hate it! The group runs have worked out really well for me to just leave the headphones at home or in the car.

I learned a valuable lesson Saturday... Make sure you have the key to get back in your car when others are relying on you and your hubby is getting ready to head out on the bike for 35 miles. Thankfully he was able to play the role of knight in shinning armor, he did a smashing job! We then had to go on a recovery mission to locate the little key thingy that detached from my key FOB. It was safely recovered.

After a week of slacking, running plans are back in full swing! Cycling tomorrow, 4 miles Tues and Thursday, speed work Wednesday and cycling. 4 miles Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment