Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Running!! Finally!!


Well, our little princess arrived on 10/31/2014. Marathon training the year before was great perspective for labor and delivery, I love marathon training and I love the take home prize of labor and delivery. 

My favorite baby item has to be our stroller. This was the first item I researched and selected, yet the last item to arrive just before Kelley arrived. We selected the BOB Revolution jogging stroller for more reasons than just my love, yes you read that right, for running. Hubby mountain bike races and a lot of these races are in areas where there is not a bit of pavement. Needless to say, this stroller delivers a great ride for little miss and is sooo easy to maneuver. 


Of course when we got home and I felt like walking, about a week later, our Florida glorious fall weather was just gross. It rained so much!  I finally got to test out this great stroller walking and I was so looking forward to just running!  

As soon as I was cleared to start running I did. Our family had a Garmin Christmas.
 
Once Garmin got their app fixed for the 220 on iPhone, I adore this watch. So far, battery life is fantastic, uploading to my phone is very convenient for post run coffee breaks with my running buddy. 

Yes, my running buddy is back too!  I lost her after she injured her ankle and then found out she was pregnant as soon as she got cleared to run again. Her daughter turns 1 in a few days and we are back at it. Our 1st post pregnancy 5k is this weekend. No time goals, well sort of, just going to enjoy the race atmosphere. 

My first post pregnancy half marathon will be the Diva Dash December 8th. Followed by the Princess Half (debating the glass slipper challenge) in 2015. 

Adding a baby into the family mix absolutely changes my training flexibility. The BOB will come in handy for some of my longer runs as hubby may be delivering her to me on my route as he heads out on training rides. 

I'm totally loving running again and rejoining my running group. It's amazing how motivating a group of fellow runners of various skill levels can be. 

Now, if we could just get the rains to hold off for tomorrow mornings run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment